Thursday, July 5, 2012

Homemade Chicken Fried Rice

I find it rewarding to try new recipes. I think this is probably why I love Pinterest so much. Although, it's super disappointing because I don't have all the time in the world to make all of those wonderful yummy dinners and deserts and do all the crafts I'd like to do, but nevertheless it is helpful when I am searching for a new recipe.

As much as I love to try new recipes, I get stuck in weekly ruts. I plan meals on Sunday and when I'm in a rush I just choose meals that I know are good, quick, and healthy. Because that's how we roll. 

This week I made chicken fried rice. I made it with brown rice to make it healthier and it was delicious!
Chicken Fried Rice                                                                                             
Ingredients
3 cups cooked brown rice
3 tbs sesame oil
1 cup frozen peas and carrots (thawed)
1 small onion, chopped
2 tsp minced garlic
2 eggs, slightly beaten
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 chicken breasts
1/4 cup chicken broth

Directions
On medium high heat, heat the oil in a large skillet.  Add the peas/carrots mix, onion and garlic. Stir fry until tender.Lower the heat to medium low and push the mixture off to one side, then pour your eggs on the other side of skillet and stir fry until scrambled. 
Mixing the egg and veggies, letting cook all the way through

In another skillet, heat oil. Add chicken, sprinkling with chicken broth and soy sauce. Flip often until cooked through. 
Cooking chicken with soy sauce, garlic salt, and chicken broth until cooked through
Mixing together thoroughly
Now add the rice, chicken, and soy sauce and blend all together well. Stir fry until thoroughly heated!   
Voila! Dinner served!
 We loved it! I especially love one-dish meals. We have tons left over too, which is awesome for Ryan because he eats left overs. One day I'll learn how to be better at that.

Kai was sad he couldn't eat any. We're so mean and feed him dog food.
To trying new recipes,
Tera

No comments:

Post a Comment