Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Weekend Review

Yesterday was an overly emotional day for me. I wasn't able to blog because I was at the closing remarks to Darrell Williams' trial. I felt sick all day yesterday and still feel sick. I don't know if he was guilty or innocent, but all I know is that now his life is forever changed. Just like that, changed. I wasn't there for the whole trial but for the day that I was there, I left so confused because there was no hard evidence but rather a he said she said type of situation. I feel for the girls because I honestly do think this happened to them, but I'm not 100% convinced it was Darrell.

Ryan asked me "do you think it's worse to lock up an innocent man or let a guilty man free?" I think that's a good question. Obviously there are only a couple people who know what really happened that day, but I do not. My heart is heavy.

On a lighter note, we did have a wonderful, relaxing weekend, as anticipated. It was filled with swimming, baking, yummy Thai food, dog parks, sewing, wine, and watching Batman for the first time. Okay, so I had this weird deal with Heath Ledger dying and was adamant about not watching it, until Saturday. Ryan wants to see the new one and I told him I needed to watch the old one...the things you do for love.

Here's our weekend in pictures:
We were the only ones at the park so we played "soccer" We both got exhausted and it was awesome
We spent a good chunk of time at the pool this weekend, which I loved.
My version of "swimming at the pool"
We baked cookies together which consisted of flour everywhere, laughing, and a begging puppy
We watched the second batman together. All of us.
This happened.
How can you not love that face?

So now it's Tuesday and I'm thankful for a couple prominent things. I'm thankful that God is the father of justice. I'm thankful that I'm not a lawyer and I'm thankful one day all the pain on earth will be over.

To looking upward,
Tera


No comments:

Post a Comment