Tuesday, July 3, 2012

A tea latte kind of day

Today is a tea latte kind of day. I was not anticipating to be woken up at 5:15 in the morning, but sometimes that's just the way they go. It was all fine until Ryan could not find his card for the gym. He started searching the entire house and Kai started crying. I just wanted to go back to sleep.
Sleep did not happen for me but I did learn something. I am selfish. I knew this. This is not new, but my initial reaction was "freaking just go on a run" not "honey let me help you." I need to cultivate a heart that is more willing to serve my husband. I need to be more sensitive to his needs.

So as I was pondering this and pouting, I decided that I deserved a tea latte. After all, I was rudely woken up. While I was sipping away though, I started to be convicted of my actions thoughts this morning.

Lord, help me to see Ryan's needs and to be willing to be his helper because this is what you have called me to.

As long as I strive to be better and have that be the goal, I believe that my heart will slowly begin to mature and become more like Christs. 

To a tea latte kind of day,
Tera

2 comments:

  1. Hi Tera! I just found your blog through the Blog Oklahoma Web Ring. I'm enjoying looking through your posts.
    What an encouragement to see your humility and devotion to love your husband in a way God see's fit. I have been engaged for a little more than a month, and even at this point in our relationship it is so easy to catch myself being selfish about my time and my fiancé. Thanks for your encouraging, and humble message, I look forward to reading more.
    -Saxon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Saxon! Thank you for your sweet thoughts. Congrats on your future marriage! Marriage is such a wonderful gift and really shows you so much about yourself, good and bad. I definitely don't have it all together, as you can see. I'm being sanctified daily! Thanks for reading. I look forward to reading your blog as well! :)

    ReplyDelete