Friday, July 13, 2012

Let's Rewind

This week was full of a lot of emotions. The week started out with a bang with opening my own etsy shop. I'm still finishing up my first batch of orders and trying to figure out how to do this whole business thing.

Then by the end of the day I had to bring Kai to the vet:
He gets tired of waiting for the vet staff that he usually falls asleep. He loves to go to the vet though. He sniffs around, and loves the attention from the vet students and veterinarians. Turns out he had conjunctivitis in his eye, which is basically just some infection caused by either debris or allergy to something in the air. He woke up Sunday morning with a bloodshot eye and gunk all in it. I was obviously paranoid and thought he was going blind so I took him right in the vet as soon as I could. Turns out it's not that big of a deal, phew! He's actually not dying.

Then I got this lovely in the mail:
Okay, go ahead and call me a crazy dog-lover, because this post does nothing but convince you of that. The book is a cute story about a family through the lens of a witty dog. There's so much love, hope and beauty in it and I've enjoyed the pleasure-reading that it is.

Tuesday night we had sushi with two lovely couples and had a wonderful dessert of baked peaches with brown sugar and cinnamon. I'm craving it just thinking about it. Mm. Love those friends and thankful to walk alongside other couples in the same stage of life that we are in.

Today I went and got one of these:

Starbucks was giving away free 12 oz Refreshers from 12-3 today. I just love free things! I chose lime and it was great! It was a great break during a slow Friday.

This week I am thankful for:
  • having a job that I love
  • new friendships
  • snow cones
  • creativity
  • animals
  • the ability to exercise
  • my sewing machine (thank you Kathy!)
  • air conditioner
  • today being Friday
My heart is full. I have so much to be thankful for and I sometimes wonder how I got here in life. Amazing supportive husband, cutest dog ever, job that I love, most supportive family, and friends that I have prayed for for years. God is good!
To full hearts,
Tera

No comments:

Post a Comment